Navigation überspringen

For holders of the child plate card, the child plate meal is available as a free addition to the parent meal.

If you do not yet have a Kinderteller card, you can apply for one.

What are the requirements for using the Kinderteller card?
The parent registered on the card must be currently enrolled (i.e. in the current semester) at a university in the support area of the Studierendenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg. The child registered on the card must not be older than 10 years. If one of these requirements is not met, the card can no longer be used.

How can I use the Kindertellerkarte?
Ask at the food counter for a child's plate for your child (you do not have to show your card here, only at the checkout, see below). The parent must also consume the meal, only then will a child's plate be added free of charge. On the children's plate you will receive a corresponding portion of a Mensa lunch dish. It must be clear that the portion in question is intended for the child; this is at the discretion of our staff on site at the food counter and at the cash registers.

How does it work at the checkout?
Please present your child plate card (one for each child to receive a child plate portion, if applicable) when paying for your meal, without being asked. Also, please make sure you have your student ID card with you and readily available, as there may be sporadic checks.



How do I apply for the child plate card?

Application and application procedure

1. You can download an print the forme here, or pick it up at the main cashier's office in the student houses in Erlangen and Nuremberg. In Eichstätt, Ingolstadt and Ansbach you can get the form from the dining hall managers.

The form is designed for one or two children. If you have more than two children, please fill out 2 forms.

2. you need the following documents for the application:

  • The student ID card (from both parents if there are two!). Original and copy
  • The birth certificate(s) of the child(ren) or corresponding proof with entry of the child(ren) (the latter if necessary again from both parents) Original and copy

The provision of telephone and/or e-mail address is voluntary; on the other hand, the employee(s) who will further process the application may contact you directly in case of queries (e.g. due to lack of legibility). The data protection of your information is fulfilled.

3. Please hand in the completed form with copies to the main cashier's office in the student houses in Erlangen or Nuremberg, or to the dining hall manager in Eichstätt, Ingolstadt or Ansbach.

The Studierendenwerk staff member will check that the original and copy of the documents match when the application is handed in.

4. After processing, you will receive your child's card by mail within a few days. Furthermore, you will receive a cover letter containing all important information about the "Kindertellerkarte - and its use".

If you have any questions, please contact:

Studierendenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg, Hochschulgastronomie
Joachim Jahn, Langemarckplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen
Tel 09131 / 8002-34


Back to Top